Links of the week
- The mental gap between rich and poor children has seen a more than threefold increase, a Scottish Government-funded study showed.
- Thousands of youngsters as young as 11 work as drug mules, for an illicit industry making up to £7billion a year.
- The number of children being put up for adoption has seen an unanticipated increase in Wales, creating an urgent need for adoptive parents.
- “Anybody considering giving a child a home should be prepared for challenges but also for love, joy and fulfilment”, an adoptive father - who could not imagine his life any different to this -confesses.
- More than 30 “looked-after children” in Oxfordshire has shockingly been left without schooling, while children services chiefs across England warn that the problem is not isolated to Oxfordshire.