Links of the week
- Around 250 witnesses a year do not get help to give evidence to police and courts, while children wait an average of four weeks to be matched with Registered Intermediaries (RI).
- 9% of the 900-plus youngsters in care in Manchester have fallen victims to substance abuse, DfE’s data shows.
- A child was referred to local authority children’s services every 49 seconds last year, the Local Government Association reveals today.
- Gangs lure children and vulnerable people into moving drugs and money by promising gifts or protection for their families.
- Special: watch the new BBC TV series asking hard questions about social care and interracial adoption.